Helping You Find Ways to Get the Care You Need
Medicaid is a joint federal and state program that assists many eligible, low-income Americans with covering their health needs. Medicaid is accepted at Wellsential Health; however, eligibility is determined by the State of Texas, not by our facilities.
What are the eligibility requirements for Medicaid?
- Must be a resident of Texas and U.S. citizen or alien with approved status (e.g., legalized or permanent resident alien).
- Additional financial and medical necessity requirements must be met.
At Wellsential Health, we have a Medicaid Eligibility Processing Department (MEPD) staffed with experienced Medicaid specialists who are ready to help you and your family navigate the necessary steps to obtaining Medicaid approval and qualifying for Texas Medicaid. We understand that applying for Medicaid can be an extremely overwhelming process, but we’re here to assist you with our FREE services. Please reach out to our team if you have further questions about Medicaid or you would like to learn more about our MEPD services.
Our MEPD Services Include:
- Matching you with a dedicated Medicaid specialist who is ready to deliver customized assistance to help you through the entire eligibility process.
- Helping you assemble all of the necessary materials to apply for Medicaid.
- Drafting Qualified Income Trust documents and notarizing Power of Attorney paperwork.
Medicare is federal health insurance for those who are 65 years or older or for some individuals who are younger but are living with a disability. Medicare is accepted at Wellsential Health with Part A covering care in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care, some home health care, and inpatient hospital stays. Please reach out to our team if you have further questions about Medicare.
To be covered through Medicare, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- You have Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) with days left in your benefit period.
- You have a qualifying inpatient hospital stay of three consecutive days or more; you must enter the skilled nursing facility (an SNF) within a short period following hospital discharge depending on your plan.
- Your doctor has ordered skilled nursing care services, which requires the skills of professional personnel such as registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, etc.
- You require daily skilled nursing care, and the services can only be provided in an SNF on an inpatient basis.
Managed Care and Private Insurance (Varies)
Our Wellsential Health locations accept many commercial and Medicare Advantage care insurance plans. Please keep in mind that most plans require prior authorization before admission. Our team can also help you determine if you will be responsible for paying for copays and additional out-of-pocket fees. Please reach out to our team if you have further questions about managed care or private insurance.
You can pay out of pocket for your nursing care or for the care of your loved one. Private pay can include personal savings, pension funds, or investment proceeds. Please reach out to our team if you have further questions about private pay options.
Veteran’s Administration (VA) Insurance (Varies)
We accept VA Insurance at some of our locations. Some nursing home, short-term skilled care benefits, or long-term skilled care benefits are covered if you or your loved one is enrolled in VA health care. With that being said, you may be required to pay a copay for some covered services. You may be able to use Medicaid, Medicare, or your private insurance to pay for services that are not covered under VA Insurance. Please reach out to your specific Wellsential Health location to determine if VA Insurance is accepted there or if you have further questions.