Joining Our Community of Shared Wellness
5 Steps to Achieving Better Health
We’re excited that you’re choosing Wellsential Health as you start your journey to better health and wellness. In most cases, your experience begins with finding a center that is in close proximity to your loved ones and offers the services you need. We’ve provided five easy steps to help you select a conveniently close Wellsential Health center with the appropriate service offerings.
Beginning Your Journey
One way we guarantee our team members, residents, patients, and families always feel their very best is by ensuring everyone feels prepared and well informed. Below, you can find all the details you need about the admissions process, what you need to bring with you, and what can be left at home. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Documents You Need to Provide
We require access to the following documents in order to successfully complete your application, update your health files, and help you access the care you need.
- Personal identification, such as a social security card, driver’s license, passport, or other government ID
- Insurance cards
- Supplemental or secondary insurance cards
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status
- Power of Attorney or Durable Power of Attorney documents
- Guardianship documents
- Living will and/or advance directives
- Medical records from primary physician or hospital
- Physician admissions orders
What to Bring with You
All necessities will be provided to you upon arrival at one of our Wellsential Health facilities; however, you may find that the following personal items will help you feel even more comfortable during your time with us.
- Seven days’ worth of clothing—sweatshirts, sweatpants, T-shirts, and shorts (we provide weekly laundry service)
- Athletic shoes, non-slip socks, or non-slip house shoes or slippers
- Pajamas, a robe, or lounge clothes
- Toiletries and personal hygiene products
- Dentures, hearing aids, glasses, contacts, etc.
- Splints, braces, orthotics, assistive devices—such as a cane or walker—and customized equipment—such as a wheelchair—that you are currently using at home
- Your cell phone and charger (there will be a phone in your room, but a cell phone allows you to have access to your important contacts; in addition to a phone, each facility has Wi-Fi, and patients and residents have access to a community computer)
- Personal items from home, such as picture frames, a blanket, a quilt, etc.
What to Leave at Home
To ensure the utmost safety for our patients, residents, team members, and visitors, we kindly ask that you leave the following items at home when you are at one of our Wellsential Health facilities.
- Over-the-counter medications
- Any preparation or substance with a cautionary statement
- Portable heaters
- Electric blankets
- Cooking and ironing equipment
- Coffee machines and cup heating elements
- Throw rugs
- Sharp objects (razor blades, straight razors, knives, push pins)
- Chemical products (flammable liquids, laundry detergent, house cleaning products, aerosol cans)
- Extension cords or power strips
- Valuables such as jewelry, tablets, and laptops
- Credit cards or cash, aside from a few dollars for the vending machine
- Smoking or tobacco products, matches, lighters, smoking paraphernalia, or illegal substances (there are designated smoking areas and times, please speak to your specific facility for more details)
Breaking Down the Admissions Process
Upon arrival, our team will be ready to help you find and adjust to your room.